NEW STUDENT and KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION 2023-2024
For the 2023-2024 school year, a student must be age 5 by September 1, 2023, to be eligible for Kindergarten.
Click HERE to create an online registration account.
ALREADY HAVE A FAMILY ACCESS ACCOUNT? Login to your Family Access account and click the New Student Registration button on the upper left side menu bar to begin a new registration for your newest student.
Please be sure to attach scans or photos of the documents to your online application before submitting the application. Once the application is submitted you will not be able to edit the online application to later add the required documents:
- Proof of the student’s age – acceptable documentation includes one (1) of the following:
- Birth certificate or notarized copy of a birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate or copy of the record of baptism, notarized or duly certified and showing date of birth
- Valid passport
- Immunizations required by law – acceptable documentation includes:
- Student’s immunization record
- Verbal assurances from the prior school district or a medical office that required immunizations have been completed, with records to follow
- Proof of residency – acceptable documentation includes two (2) of the following:
- Deed/Lease -A current term lease must contain your landlord’s telephone number, list your child(ren) as occupants, and include the page where both you and the landlord have signed.
- Current pay stub showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Current utility bill showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency. NOTE: Cell phone bills are NOT accepted
- Current vehicle registration showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Property tax bill
- State Photo ID/Driver's License
- Certified copy of any court order establishing custody or guardianship (court time/date stamp and signed by a judge), if applicable
- Copy of last report card / unofficial transcript (Grades 9th –12th)
- Current Special Education Records – IEP/GIEP, if applicable
- Physical Examinations: The Pennsylvania Public School Code Section 1402. Health Services (e) requires that students upon original entry, 6th grade, and 11th grade be given a "comprehensive appraisal" of their health.
For 9th - 12th Grade Registrations: Students in 9th–12th grade will be required to meet with their school counselor to generate a schedule prior to their first day of school.
HOME EDUCATION and PRIVATE TUTORING
To see CVSD policy on Home Education Programs go to School Board Policies, click on policies across the top of the page, and then select programs (100) on the left side of the page. Our Home Education Programs is policy #137.
MOVING WITHIN CONEWAGO VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Families that have moved to a new address within the district should contact their current school office to provide the change of address with updated proof of residency documents.
You must provide the following documents:
- Two Forms Proof of Residency - A lease agreement or mortgage/property deed may be used to determine residency. If you do not own the property or do not have a lease agreement, then all of the following must be done to show proof of residency:
- Notarized letter from the property owner giving permission to live at the residence or (residency affidavit). Two (2) of the following need to accompany the notarized letter or residency affidavit:
- Driver’s License/State ID showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Pay stub showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Utility bill showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Car Registration showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
- Copy of tax return showing the parent’s name and the address being used for residency.
Once you have provided all necessary documents you will be supplied with your transportation information and start date for your students at their new location. If the student is in 4th– 12th grade, their building will not change, but new bus information will be provided to you.
WITHDRAWING A STUDENT
Due to various reasons you may need to withdrawal your child(ren) from our school district. Please use the checklist below to ensure your child is properly withdrawn from CVSD.
1) Notify your child's current school that your child will be attending another school. Please provide to the school staff your child's name and the name and location of the new school. Complete the CVSD Withdrawal form.
2) Return all CVSD textbooks, library books and technology devices to the appropriate CVSD building before leaving the district.
3) Once you register at the new school please have them fax a Records Request to our school district. You can either have them fax to your child's school or to the district registration office at 717-624-5020. If you are leaving the country and the new school will not request records please notify your CVSD school staff by email that no records request will be sent.
4) Once your child is un-enrolled from CVSD, your child will no longer have access to their district email or google account. If there is anything you would like off their district google drive, please remove these items.