HOME EDUCATION INFORMATION
Home education programs for students of compulsory school age residing in the Conewago Valley School District shall be conducted in accordance with state law and regulations.
**Effective July 1, 2020: Pennsylvania compulsory school age will be age 6 to age 18.
Procedures to follow for home education families submitting paperwork to the Conewago Valley School District:
New Home Educated Families will need to do the following:
- Submit a notarized affidavit annually.
- Submit a copy of your teaching objectives with the affidavit. (This must be filed by August 1st of each new school year.)
- If your child is currently enrolled in the Conewago Valley school district and you are withdrawing your child from the Conewago Valley brick and mortar school to home educate them mid-year, you must notify the current building your child is attending immediately, provide a notarized affidavit, and objectives for your student to Dr. Brad Sterner, Assistant Superintendent at the Conewago Valley District Office, 130 Berlin Rd., New Oxford, PA 17350.
- Submit a copy of your child's legally required immunization records or a Medical/Religious Exemption form.
If you are moving into the Conewago Valley School District as a home Educated Family/Student:
- If you are enrolled in a district outside of the Conewago Valley School District you must notify that district in writing, at least 30 days prior to your moving out of the district. Your notification should also request that the sending district provide Conewago Valley Area School District with copies of your home education paperwork and reflect that you were an approved home-educated family in their district. You are still required to provide Conewago Valley Area School District with a new notarized affidavit when you move into our district.
Returning Home Educated Families should:
- Submit a new, notarized affidavit by August 1st of each new school year.
- Submit a copy of your teaching objectives with the affidavit.
- Submit your child's Home School Evaluation Report, signed by a licensed or district-approved Evaluator by June 30th of that school year.
Please visit the following website to learn more about Home Education and Private Tutoring
To see CVSD policy on Home Education Programs go to School Board Policies, click on policies across the top of the page, and then select programs (100) on the left side of the page. Our Home Education Programs is policy #137.