Annual Notice of Responsibilities
The U.S. Department of Education is required to annually notify each state educational agency and each local education agency of their obligations under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA).
Below are links to the U.S. Department of Education’s information on FERPA and PPRA.
- General Information about FERPA: http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/index.html
- FERPA General Guidance for Students: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ferpa/students.html
- General Information about PPRA: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/ppra/index.html
- New Model Notification for LEA Officials: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/doc/ferparights.doc
- U.S. Department of Education’s Family Policy Compliance Office: http://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/fpco/index.html